Hotspot Connection Issues
A list of common issues users run across when connecting their pi-star devices (or other hotspots).
- Make sure you are not using Master 3101 - This was decommissioned in 2021, choose any other USA Master Server.
- Verify your call sign and radio ID are registered and are entered correctly into the hotspot. Call Sign and Radio ID must match the Radio ID registration.
- If you recently made a change to your Radio ID on RadioID.net and have a 1xxxxxx ID, you will need to request for a new radio ID as 1xxxxx based IDs will not be updated or imported into Brandmeister. See RadioID not Updating on BrandMeister.
- Make sure your call sign is entered correctly. For those which have a Zero in your call make sure you typed a zero and not the letter O. And for those with a number 1 in your call make sure you typed a number 1 and not the letter L or I.
- If you are using Pi-Star make sure you are running the latest version by performing an upgrade/update in your configuration. Visit the pi-star forums for steps on how to upgrade/update.
- If you are using DMR Gateway would suggest to try connecting with DMR Host (using the first drop down and choosing a master server using pi-star based software).
- If you insist on using DMR Gateway then make sure you have selected the BrandMeister Network Enable Radio Button.
- If this is a simplex hotspot make sure you are using a simplex channel
- If this is a duplex hotspot use different Receive and Transmit Frequencies.
- If using Pi-Star software make sure all fields requiring information is entered correctly. Including the Longitude and Latitude as the correct information entered correctly. (is a missing a decimal, entered correct values, etc.).
- If using Pi-Star software you may consider a fresh load (reinstall) of the software. Sometimes SD Cards get corrupt and or some sort of configuration is not saving/working and by refreshing the software may help to resolve any issues you may be experiencing.
- If using Pi-Star base product: If none of the above resolved your issue please consult the pi-star forums or vendor of product purchased from for further assistance. Here is a list of resources for the Pi-Star Software.
- If using a DVSwitch based Product: If none of the above resolved your issues please consult the DVSwitch or vendor of product purchased from for further assistance.